Game Development AAS
Coming in Fall 2021
The Game Development program is designed to provide students or current industry workers with the foundational skills to design and develop software for video game production businesses and/or movie, animation, and/or television companies. Upon completion of the Game Development program, students will:
- Implement behaviors and interactions of game objects and environments.
- Identify methods to implement inputs, controls, camera views and movement.
- Demonstrate the use of materials, textures and shaders, particle systems, and animation.
- Implement interface flows such as menu systems, UI navigation and application settings.
- Implement user progression features such as scoring, leveling and game economies.
- Implement version control, and unit testing.
- Demonstrate competency in the subject matter, practices, basic legal and ethical issues of the Game Development discipline and a desire to work in it.
- Communicate effectively as a writer, designer, developer, listener, and speaker in a professional and social setting, whether in a virtual or face-to-face environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in relevant hardware and software applications in the Game Development discipline and ensure an understanding of contemporary technologies and emerging technology patterns.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, teamwork, leadership, organizational, and decision-making skills.
COMING IN FALL 2021
|ENGL-101||WRITING AND RHETORIC I||3.00|
|Select one from the following:||3.00|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF ORAL COMMUNICATION|
|SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION|
|Mathematical Ways of Knowing|
|MATH-147||COLLEGE ALGEBRA AND TRIGONOMETRY||5.00|
|Social & Behavioral Ways of Knowing|
|Select one of the following:||3.00|
|DIVERSITY IN ORGANIZATIONS|
|HUMAN RELATIONS IN ORGANIZATIONS|
|Additional General Education Courses|
|CITPT/CS-108||INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SCIENCE||4.00|
COMING IN FALL 2021
|CITPT-106||INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER PROGRAMMING||3.00|
|CS-111||FOUNDATIONS OF PROGRAMMING||4.00|
|CS-211||COMPUTER SCIENCE II||4.00|
|CS-253||INTRO TO SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING||4.00|
|CS-311||ALGORITHMS AND DATA STRUCTURES||4.00|
|GAME-100||INTRODUCTION TO GAME DEVELOPMENT||3.00|
|GAME-110||GAME HISTORY AND ANALYSIS||3.00|
|GAME-130||2D GAME DEVELOPMENT||3.00|
|GAME-230||3D GAME DEVELOPMENT||3.00|
|GAME-250||INTRODUCTION TO GAME AI||3.00|
|GAME-280||GAME DEVELOPMENT PROJECT I||4.00|
|GAME-281||GAME DEVELOPMENT PROJECT II||4.00|
|GAME-294||INTERNSHIP IN GAME DEVELOPMENT||3.00|